What is an Allowable Investment?
Allowable investments at uDirect IRA Services include the following:
- Residential real estate, including: apartments, single family homes, and duplexes
- Commercial real estate
- Undeveloped or raw land
- REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)
- Real estate notes (mortgages and deeds of trusts)
- Promissory notes
- Private limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and C corporations
- Tax lien certificates
- Oil and gas investments
- Private stock offerings, private placements
- Judgments/structured settlements
- Gold bullion
- Car paper
- Factoring investments
- Accounts receivable
- Equipment leasing
What Investments are Not Allowed?
You can invest your IRA in anything except Life Insurance Policies and Collectibles. For more information regarding rules governing self-directed IRA or 401(k) investments, please see IRA Rules.